RAS AL KHAIMAH OVERVIEW
Ras Al Khaimah (RAK) forms part of the seven Emirates that comprise the United Arab Emirates, alongside its better-known neighbors Abu Dhabi and Dubai, and can be reached in less than an hour from Dubai International Airport. It is strategically located in the Arabian Gulf and forms a gateway to rapidly growing world markets, including most Middle Eastern countries.
RAK has changed from its humble beginnings and witnessed unprecedented economic growth in the years since joining the United Arab Emirates. It now has one of the fastest growing economies in the MENA region and has been ranked as one of the top ten global cities of the future by the Financial Times. RAK’s growth surge comes with the rolling out of ambitious development plans including investments in real estate, infrastructure, tourism, manufacturing and service sectors.
RAK has long been recognised as a global manufacturing economy with oil and gas reserves depleting, leadership looked towards other natural resources such as limestone, rock and clay, allowing for the development of the cement, ceramics, manufacturing and building industries. Today, RAK has the highest level of industrialisation in the UAE with the world’s largest ceramics producer – RAK Ceramics, and the Middle East’s largest pharmaceuticals producer – Julphar Pharmaceuticals, contributing to high levels of GDP growth.
Fundamental and significant changes to the investment policies have enabled an environment conducive for global businesses to locate their operations in RAK. The Government is proactive and encourages the concept of free enterprises to attract investment for overall progress and development of the Emirate. The comparative advantage of availability of land and relative ease in setting up business also offers potential investors’ easy access to their respective markets.
With its stable and growing economy, and security in a turbulent region, the UAE, and RAK in particular, has become a landmark as an important destination for foreign direct investment.
WHAT IS RAKFIF
Ras Al Khaimah Finance and Investment Forum (RAKFIF) is a high-level two day international business investment and finance forum bringing experts from government and leading industries across various sectors of Ras Al Khaimah together with international and regional investors and financiers to explore business opportunities in the Rising Emirate.
The Forum brings to the fore the numerous projects for investment that have emerged in Ras Al Khaimah, focusing on a number of key economic sectors including infrastructure, manufacturing & production, real estate, hospitality & leisure.
The Forum is the first and only event of its kind to specifically examine and showcase wholly the emirate of Ras Al Khaimah as a business and investment destination bringing together key government and business entities in Ras Al Khaimah on one platform.
WHAT TO EXPECT
At the Forum, investors and financiers will get the opportunity to mingle with key local government and private sector executives and learn first-hand the How, Where and What of the business opportunities and the viable investment projects that are underway for involvement in the Emirate.
At the Forum participants will learn about:
- Existing and new investment projects underway in the emirate and opportunities for investor involvement
- Investment financing options and availability
- In-depth knowledge of the various business sectors for involvement: infrastructure, manufacturing & production, real estate, hospitality & leisure
- The strategic advantages that the Middle East region, and more specifically, the competitive advantages Ras Al Khaimah offers investors
- The legislative and fiscal environment of doing business in Ras Al Khaimah – expert advice on the latest regulations and policies governing business practices
- What financing structures are being used with success in RAK in the present environment and what investment opportunities do they present?
- How are infrastructure assets most efficiently accessed: direct equity participation, dedicated funds, indirect equity investment?
WHO YOU WILL MEET
The Forum participants will be senior executives and decision makers from key local government and private sector entities in Ras Al Khaimah representing key economic sectors: infrastructure, manufacturing & production, hospitality & leisure, and real estate among others.
The Forum will also be attended by international and regional business investors and financiers, business leaders and executives interested in investment and business opportunities in the UAE and the region at large, from:
- Industry – manufacturing, production, engineering and construction firms
- Hospitality and leisure
- Financial institutions
- Investment firms
- Management & industry consulting firms
- Legal, regulatory, taxation, advisory firms
- Strategic Investors (international & regional)
- FDI consultancies
- Trade, investment, and economic development agencies
- Senior government representatives